Hey Fella, I assume you’re having a wonderful day and getting your laughing gear round with preferred dishes. Let me introduce you to Lamb Trotters (so-called Mutton Paya Soup or lamb trotters soup), this appetizing and luxurious dish is a heavy stew fostered from feet of goat or lamb, bones from the leg with wealthy gelatin marrow enveloped with meat. This recipe is perfect to be ponder during winters as it keeps me cosy and I always make this during winters and rainy to get warmth.
It is sort of a spicy sticky soup. It is eaten warm enough, because when it gets cold it curdles. It is healthy for countless reasons:
- Joints booster
- Miracle food for post natal recovery
- Revives aging bones
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
INGREDIENTS (4 persons)
- 4-6 lamb legs/paya/trotters
- salt – to taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder & Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp grated ginger(adrak)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic(lehsun)
- 4-5 black pepper corns
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped mint leaves
- ½ cup onions finely sliced
- 3-4 cups of water
- 1 tsp oil
- First of all, clean trotters with dough (little liquid consistency drafted by flour & water) as it may contain animal wool which I dont like to be sinking in my soup.
- Then put in the legs of lamb/paya/trotters in a pressure cooker with some salt, turmeric powder and 3 cups of water.
- Pressure cook for about 20-30 minutes on low flame and put aside.
- Meantime in a sauce pan, heat oil, add sliced onions & fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste with lamb legs and fry them. Now add in black pepper corns, coriander powder, red chilies powder and fry.
- Transfer the paya soup ( made in step 3) in it, add coriander leaves, mint leaves.
- Cook till gravy thickens and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot as a soup or with rotis or rice.
Give it a try!!